UCT LISC offers short course in Research Data Management
Funders and institutions in South Africa are encouraging, and even mandating, the standardised management of research data.
At the end of the short course, you should be able to:
- write a data management plan
- provide solutions to discipline-specific data management challenges
- identify and assess the appropriateness of data repositories for particular purposes
- be able to identify and evaluate appropriate metadata schemas, generate metadata and cite datasets appropriately
- have an understanding of the roles, responsibilities and governance in the RDM landscape
Participants will be required to engage in practical group work and discussions related to the content covered. They will have the opportunity to learn from the experiences of one another about the disciplinary differences inherent in the management of research data.
This course would be of interest to anyone who deals with research data:
- research assistants
- research administrators
- postgraduate students
- data managers.
NQF level: 7
Entry requirement: An undergraduate degree in any discipline
Prior knowledge: Prior knowledge of the research process is required
To apply: Go to http://goo.gl/forms/AIjV1BcEP2
Dates: 2-4 September 2015
Cost: R7 000.00
Contact: LISC administrator on email@example.com Tel.: 021 650 4546.
Download the flyer for more information. (PDF, 87KB)